Archive for the ‘Fun/Personal’ Category
What a great book! Ben even gave a shout out to me on twitter!
I interviewed best selling author & entrepreneur Jordan Adler on a “new divide” between Sedona and Flagstaff Arizona. We talk about overcoming challenges, razor sharp focus, The Go-Giver, leaders deal with adversity differently, beach money, and send out cards. Jordan is wearing his alien transformer sunglasses. His EtchASketch analogy is true stoicism.
Everytime I get the opportunity to spend time with Jordan it proves to be very valuable. When you are around him your mind opens and you become a limitless thinker.
Tony Robbins talks about how one action or one magic moment can create a processional effect like a stone that is dropped in a pond. Tony best describes this example with the story of Chris Hendrickson. “And then the story doesn’t end there…” It is a perfect example about how one thing or event can be created or gifted and attract amazing things that keep leading to more amazing things – All changing the course of time forever like the movie “Sliding Doors” or “Mr. Destiny.” Over the fourth of July weekend I can count at least three times where we just happened to run into someone because of something good being given out to the universe. These encountered weren’t happenstance or coincidence they were created and attracted.
Next interview I am going to discuss the above along with who Jordan’s 3 most influential mentors are and the 3 most influential events that had the biggest shift.
Send a card out in the mail to someone you love today, on me. Tell them how much you appreciate them and include a fun/cool picture of you so it makes them smile.
Unfortunately I will be out of town this year for the Coronado 4th of July but I wanted to encourage you to participate in the 49th annual rough water swim. The event starts at 9am and check in time is at 7:30am. Then you can go over to the famous Coronado 4th of July Parade. Proceeds go to the great cause of teaching swim!
Here are a couple of videos of me promoting the 48th annual event:
To sign up you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or you might be able to just show up
Have a safe and fun 4th of July Weekend! – Bill Lyons
I wish you and your family a peaceful Memorial Day holiday, as we remember the sacrifices of all of our Armed Forces servicemen and women, past and present, who have worked so hard to protect our great country. I truly appreaciate all that you have and continue to do for the country! We honor you!
- DMD affects approximately 1 boy for every 3000 born (regardless of race), and is the most fatal genetic disorder that exists
- There is currently no cure for DMD, although recent ground-breaking research is providing significant hope
- Most young boys who have DMD do not live past their teenage years
- For comparison, DMD is basically the childhood version of ALS (Lou Gehrigs Disease)
- For more information about DMD, please visit website
- A 6 vs 6 Soccer Tournament featuring 140 Teams from all skill-levels, age groups, and genders (including co-ed teams)
- A “FunZone” that will provide a “festival-like” atmosphere to enjoy in between soccer games
- A “Vendor Village” showcasing local vendors & merchants
- Celebrity Appearances & Live Music
- Trophy presentation ceremony
- Heavy media coverage “leading up to” and “during” the event
- Forming a soccer team (or helping us find teams): (remember all skill levels can participate). Information on how to register is under the “Tournament” page (for more information on the tournament, please call Gerhard Neuendorff (Tournament Director) at 858-354-2349)
- Volunteering your time at the actual event Visit here for details on how to become a Volunteer, or call Jane Petro at 619-300-0415.
- Helping to locate Event Sponsors (visit or call Jason Gordon at 619-200-8031)
- Helping to locate Vendors who would like to set-up a booth in the “Vendor Village” (these Vendors will benefit by having a platform to display their product or service amidst heavy foot traffic (3,000 people expected in attendance throughout the weekend)). Vendor information or call Lisa Freedman at 619-278-9436
- Donating (and/or encouraging others to donate) to the cause (look on left margin) for a Donate link
- Helping us reach the Media (if you have contacts in the media, we would love their help in spreading the word about Kick For A Cure!)
- Understand this disease — we have provided a short video on the website that will help you understand the terrible impact of DMD (warning: the video is very powerful). You can watch this short video (called The Duchenne Timeline)
- Visit the website: Spend at least 10 minutes of your time (preferably within the next 24 hours) and familiarize yourself with the event, the charity, and the cause. That website (once again) is www.kickforacure.org
- Spread the word to others to visit the website and devote a minimum of 10 minutes reading through it (the sooner you spread the word to others, the more impact it will have on the event)